Play a Geoparsing Game - Earn Geocode.xyz Credits!
How it works:
When can you redeem game credits for geocode.xyz credits?
- You read a short book excerpt which may or may not mention a specific location.
- You answer "Yes" if the place name refers to a location, "No" if it does not, "Not sure" if you are not sure.
- If the majority of other players agree with you on this one, you earn geocode.xyz credits. Otherwise you lose.
- The amount of credits you win (or lose) is determined by the game's blockchain. It uses the history of all players to determine the value of your response. Some responses are worth more than others (e.g., responses to questions where many players are not sure).
- The cummulative credits you have won are shown at the bottom left corner of the page. You may redeem them toward geocoding credits on geocode.xyz. Just type the email address of the account you want to have the credits sent to (if the email address does not have an geocode.xyz account, they will be asked to create one).
- The monetary value of geocode.xyz credits is explained at our pricing page.
Why do we do this?
- The blockchain awards you "redeemable" credits once your responses have been verified by a certain number of players. That number depends on the total number of players and their responses.
Why should you do this?
- To get human verified data for improving the quality of the geocode.xyz geoparser.
Where do we get our excerpts from?
- Books are the physical world's diary. If reading is a muscle and geographic knowledge is stamina, this is the gym.
and sled runners; he could make an axle-tree for his wagon, a rake, a flax brake, a barrow, a scythe-snath, a grain cradle a pitchfork, a loom, a reel, a washboard, a stool, a chair, a table, a bedstead, a dresser, and a cradle in which to rock the baby. If he was more than ordinarily clever, he repaired his own cooperage, and adding a drawing knife to his kit of tools, he even went so far as to make his own casks, tubs, and buckets. He made and mended his own shoes. [Footnote: Quoted in Pioneer Indianapolis, by Ida Stearns Stickney, p. 11 (Bobbs-Merrill Co., Indianapolis).]
This API provides worldwide forward/reverse geocoding, batch geocoding and geoparsing.
Geoparsing and Geocoding and Batch Geocoding Examples
Geoparse & Geocode the world.